William Cagnoli began this business in 1952 as a studio operation in his home. From this beginning, the business continued to add sales and school service including instrument rental plans and repairs.
In the late 1970's the decision was made to move to a new location on Caracas Avenue in Hershey. With a major expansion of retail and studio space the business continued to expand and add more and more services and products.
In 1986, Kevin and Sandie Walters purchased the business from William Cagnoli and began a new chapter in the business. Modernization of both the physical facility and the early stages of computerization helped keep the store on the cutting edge of music retailing.
During 1997, the difficult decision was made to relocate the store again to a larger facility better able to handle the expanding needs of the store and customers.
In January 1998 the move was completed to our current Londonderry Square location in Palmyra. More parking, more space, handicap access, convenience, and advanced computer systems all marked this expansion. With our increase of space, it enabled us to expand the selection of products offered. Many of the lines we carry date back 20-30 or more years and combined with newer companies that have come on the scene have allowed us to offer some of the most sought after and highest quality products available.
As of September 2009, we entered a new era with our name change to Central Penn Music. We will continue to provide you with the best possible customer service, selection, and prices. Personalized service is what we do best!